No Cost Operational Tips
Did you know? If you lower the lid and cover braising pans and steam kettles, you save up to 40% of the energy used.
Foodservice and food preparation are very energy intensive.
Here are a few more no-cost operational tips to save energy and money.
- Implement equipment â€śstart-upâ€ť and â€śshut-downâ€ť schedules.
- Reduce excess heat loss by carefully monitoring preheat times and cooking temperatures. Cook food products in the largest amounts possible.
- Heat only to the temperature required; do not turn thermostats on high in an attempt to get equipment to heat-up to cook food faster.
- Turn equipment off when not in use. Most equipment takes less than 15 minutes to preheat.
- Keep equipment clean. Carbon and grease build-up make your cooking equipment work harder and use more energy.
- Establish a regular equipment maintenance program. Schedule safety and adjustment.
It ainâ€™t easy being green, but itâ€™s worth it!